Our dedicated staff work day in and day out to fulfill our mission. Are you interested in joining our team? The Pride Agenda is committed to a diverse and welcoming workplace. We encourage talented individuals from all walks of life to apply including women, people of color and transgender people.
New York City
The Empire State Pride Agenda is New York’s statewide lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights and advocacy organization. Our mission is to win equality and justice for LGBT New Yorkers and our families. Through our education, organizing and advocacy programs, we work toward creating a broadly diverse alliance of LGBT people and our allies in government, communities of faith, labor, all sectors of the workforce and other social justice movements to achieve equality for LGBT New Yorkers and the broader goals of social, racial and economic justice.
The Communications Intern will assist the Communications Department and other staff with drafting content for the website and publications, proofreading, internet research, updating online properties (website, social networks, blog), compiling press clips and other communications projects as needed. We’re looking for a driven self-starter who takes direction, but is up for playing a strong role on our team!
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to LGBT issues.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Reliable and on time.
- Knowledge of or desire to learn about New York State media and the political and LGBT blogosphere.
- Academic or work experience in journalism, communications, politics and elections, social sciences, media, public relations, marketing, etc.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ages, ethnicities and sexual and gender identities.
- Familiarity with social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest. On top of developments in the field.
- Graphic design experience highly preferred.
- Some office experience preferred.
- Background in content management systems and/or databases a plus.
- HTML knowledge a plus.
- Photography and or video editing skills a plus.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. School credit is available. The schedule is flexible during regular business hours with some evening and weekend events.
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Position is available on a rolling basis.
The Pride Agenda is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women, people of color and transgender people are encouraged to apply.