GENDA—the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act (A.4226/Gottfried)(S.195/Squadron) is a bill that would outlaw discrimination in New York State based on gender identity or expression.
Currently in New York State people are being fired from their jobs, kicked out of their homes, being denied credit or denied access to public places, like restaurants, simply for being transgender. It's not fair and it's not right. GENDA also would expand the state’s hate crimes law to explicitly include crimes against transgender people. We need your help to pass GENDA!
- Tell your New York State Senator to support the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act.
- Sign up for Campaign Updates. Get the latest insider information and know when to act.
- TRANScribe Project: Advocating for Equality and Justice Through Our Stories. We are compiling stories demonstrating why New York needs to pass GENDA.
- Support our Campaign. We need your investment to fight for transgender equality and justice – every little bit counts.
- Sign up to Volunteer. We’ll contact you when opportunities arise.
- Get Informed. Check out our transgender civil rights resources page.
- Become a Leader. Contact Transgender Rights Organizer Christopher Argyros (cargyros AT prideagenda DOT org) to find out how to get more closely involved in our campaign. For example, if you attend groups, meetings or events where potential advocates and allies gather, tell them about this work. You could plan an educational event at your congregation, social club or union hall.
Transgender New Yorkers need strong allies to lift up these issues with legislators, the media and the general public. Hundreds of faith leaders and dozens of women’s organizations have signed up in support of a transgender rights bill. If you would like your congregation or organization to publicly support transgender equality and justice, contact Christopher to find out how.
Launching Our Statewide Advocacy Campaign
Leading a broad and diverse coalition from across New York State, we have kicked off a statewide advocacy campaign, promoting our message through a comprehensive grassroots push and an aggressive media campaign, including print, radio and digital advertising – all aimed at educating New Yorkers and calling them to action in support of GENDA.
Our First Video:
Our Radio Ad: